Under the Ghana Data Protection Act /GDPR, personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What Data do we collect?
In order for us to provide you with a service, we need to collect personal data. When you sign up for any Zenith Online Solution or other Zenith service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our payment services, we require your debit or credit card information.
How Do We Store Your Data?
We typically do not store this information and when we do, we maintain the data in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Zenith services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, Zenith Bank would contact you for additional consent.
How Will We Use Your Data?
Sharing and Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Zenith only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information
- We provide such information to our parent company, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Ghana Data Protection Act and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Zenith Bank procedures.
- We have a belief, in good faith, that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Zenith Bank , its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How will we use your data?
Zenith Bank will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the Ghana Data Protection Act. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. Zenith Bank is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services.
When you access Zenith services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website.
When you send email or other communications to Zenith, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Under what circumstances will Zenith Bank contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Data Rights -Can I find out the personal data that Zenith Bank holds about me?
Zenith Bank at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Zenith Bank does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Zenith Bank or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organization, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The Attorney General or the Executive Secretary of the Ghana Data Protection Commission will approve sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Zenith Bank accepts the following forms of ID (but not limited to) when information on your personal data is requested: International Passport, Driver’s License, National Identity Card, Permanent Voter Card.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We're constantly trying to improve our Websites and Services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time as well. We will alert you to material changes by, for example, placing a notice on our Websites and/or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so by applicable law.
Zenith Direct Customer Contact Centre
Tel: (+233) 302 429700 / (+233) 302 611500 / (+233) 302 680884 / (+233) 542 000111
Toll Free: 0800 10100 (Vodafone Only) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit any Zenith Bank branch closest to you.