Prospective Customer – All I need to know
Is Zenith for everybody?
Yes. Zenith is for companies and individuals with steady and legitimate sources of income.
What are the different kind of accounts I can open with Zenith Bank?
What is the minimum initial deposit to open an account with Zenith Bank?
How long does it take to open an account with Zenith Bank?
With complete documentation, accounts will be opened immediately.
What are the Bank's operating hours?
Zenith Bank is open to customers between 08.00 and 17.00 hrs Mondays to Fridays.
Zenith Visa Cards
How does the Zenith Visa Classic Debit Card work?
The Zenith Visa Classic Debit Card can be used to make withdrawals on all Visa branded ATMs. It can be used to make purchases locally and internationally at retail outlets that accept Visa cards such as grocery stores, petrol stations, retail stores and restaurants. It can also be used on the internet for online purchases and payments. Whenever the Visa debit card is used to make purchases or cash withdrawals, funds are deducted directly from the customer's account.
What are the benefits of the Zenith Visa Classic Debit Card?
- It provides real-time access to your money for cash withdrawals, payments and purchases at more than 29 million outlets around the world.
- It is safer than carrying cash.
- The Zenith Visa Classic Debit Card when stolen or lost can be quickly cancelled and replaced.
- Chip and PIN security features are present on all the cards.
WHAT IS THE ZENITH VISA CLASSIC CREDIT CARD?
A credit card is a payment card with access to a monthly revolving line of credit. The amount of credit available to an individual cardholder is based on a credit score, derived from an individual’s financial and demographic history. With the Zenith Visa Classic credit card, you can spend any amount within your credit limit wherever Visa cards are accepted.
How do I pay my ZENITH VISA CLASSIC CREDIT CARD bills?
Monthly statements are generated reflecting all transactions within each billing cycle of 30 days. There is a requirement to pay a minimum of 30% of the statement balance within I5 days after the statement billing date. Any outstanding balance will then begin to accrue interest. With a billing cycle of 30 days and an extra 15 days before a payment due date, one may benefit from up to 45 days interest-free credit if the bills are settled in full before the payment due date (retail purchases only)*. Cash withdrawals will attract daily interest charges immediately*.
Where can I use the Zenith Visa Classic Credit Card?
The Zenith Visa Classic Credit Card can be used on:
- All Zenith Bank ATMs.
- All Visa branded ATMs Worldwide.
- Local and international retail outlets that accept Visa cards .
- The internet, for online purchases and payments.
Benefits of the Zenith Visa Classic Credit Card?
- Freedom to spend and opportunity to pay later on
- Worldwide Acceptance.
- Chip and PIN security features.
- If stolen or lost the Zenith Visa Classic Credit Card can be quickly cancelled and replaced.
- A detailed monthly account statement is generated for easy
tacking of purchases and other expenses.
- Applicable to all account holders aged at least 18 years with
a verifiable source of income.
What is a Prepaid Card?
A prepaid card is a reloadable card you load with your own funds for purchases or withdrawals. It is a smart and cost-effective alternative to carrying cash. You can load money on your card at any Zenith Bank branch near you.
Who qualifies for the Zenith Visa Classic Prepaid Card?
- Existing account holders.
- Non account holders.
- All applicants must be at least I8 years of age and must provide a government-issued ID.
Where can I use the Zenith Visa Classic Prepaid Card?
The Zenith Visa Classic prepaid card can be used:
- On all Visa branded ATMs Worldwide.
- At local and international retail outlets that accept Visa cards.
- For online purchases and payments.
- On all Zenith Bank ATMs.
Benefits of the Zenith Visa Classic Prepaid Card
- Eliminates the need to carry large amounts of cash.
- Worldwide acceptance.
- Gives you immediate access to your funds.
- Withdraw cash at over 1 million ATMs worldwide.
- Chip and PIN security features are present on all the cards.
- The Zenith Visa Classic Prepaid card when lost or stolen can be quickly cancelled and replaced.
- Spend only what you load on the card.
- Track your spending online for improved budgeting and cash flow management.
What is a Zenith MasterCard?
It is an electronic chip-based smart card which allows cardholders to withdraw cash or pay for goods and services worldwide. It is a cost-effective alternative to carrying cash and paying for goods and services.
What types of Mastercard does Zenith Bank issue?
- Zenith MasterCard Debit Card
- Zenith MasterCard Credit Card
- Zenith MasterCard Prepaid Card
- Zenith MasterCard Corporate Debit Card
- Zenith MasterCard Corporate Prepaid Card
- Zenith Executive Travel Card
Where can I use the Zenith MasterCard?
The Zenith MasterCard can be used on:
- All Zenith Bank ATMs.
- All MasterCard branded ATMs Worldwide.
- Local and international POS or retail outlets that accept MasterCard cards.
- The Internet, for online purchases and payments.
Currently, you can use your MasterCard at over 33 million locations worldwide.
How do I withdraw money at an ATM with my Zenith MasterCard?
To get cash at the ATM, insert your Zenith MasterCard into the machine, enter your PIN and follow the instructions to withdraw your money
How do I know the balance on my Zenith MasterCard?
You can check the card balance at any Zenith Bank ATM, Zenith Bank branch or at any MasterCard branded ATM.
What should I do if my Zenith MasterCard is declined?
Contact the Bank’s 24 hour contact centre on 0800 10100 (Toll Free), +233 (0)302 680884, +233 (0) 542 000111, +233 (0)302 611500.
How long can I use my Zenith MasterCard?
2 years. The expiry date is written on the card.
How secure is the Zenith MasterCard?
- EMV compliant (Chip-based).
- Card replacement services readily available in the event of loss of the card.
- Transaction notifications are available to notify you whenever your card has been used, so you are updated at all times.
What is a chip-based card?
A chip card is a standard-size plastic debit card that contains an embedded microchip in addition to a magnetic stripe. The chip encrypts information to help increase data security when making transactions at a chip-enabled terminal.
How do I change my PIN?
Your Zenith Mastercard PIN change can be effected at any Zenith Bank ATM.
How can I track transactions on my Zenith MasterCard?
Via SMS or email. The Bank offers the
What should I do if my Zenith MasterCard is lost or stolen?
Report lost or stolen cards immediately to any of the bank’s branches or call the 24-hour Zenith Direct Customer Contact Centre on +233 (0)302 680884, +233 (0) 542 000111, +233 (0)302 611500, 0800 10100 (Toll-Free, Vodafone only).
What is Internet Banking?
Internet banking is a real-time solution that allows you to do the following in a secure manner;
- Access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Check your balances, view your account statements and transaction history for your various accounts.
- Transfer money between your accounts.
- Pay your bills.
- Change your password over the internet.
What do I need to make use of this service?
Our internet banking is easy to use. All you need is:
- A personal computer that is connected to the internet.
- Any browser of your choice – Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator/Communicator.
- Open your browser and log on to Zenith Bank Ghana Internet Banking website and you are banking online already!
How do I sign-up for internet banking?
If you are already a customer with Zenith Bank Ghana, here are the things you
need to do:
- Contact your account officer to send you the internet banking application form.
- You can also Print the Internet Banking Application Form online.
I'm already signed up for internet banking, how do I sign-on?
As long as you have an internet connection, simply open your browser and log on to Zenith Bank Ghana website and click on the Internet Banking menu button or link. Enter your customer access code, username and password at the prompt.
How secure is internet banking?
The information you provide is kept strictly confidential. The latest electronic encryption technology ensures the secure transfer of information over the internet. As account security is important to us, we have built safety measures into Zenith Bank Ghana which reflect the importance of this issue.
Is there a charge for using the internet banking application?
Currently, the service is provided at no charge.
I am having problems accessing the internet banking application and viewing my account statements, what could be the problem?
Be sure you are connected to the internet and you are currently logged on to the internet banking application. If you are on a dial-up connection, viewing statements may be very slow due to the poor internet connection. However, we encourage you to have patience and click refresh often for the page to show.
What if I forget my access code, username or password?
If you forget your access code, username or password, contact the 24hr Zenith Direct Customer Contact Centre and we will reset your login details.
How secure is my transaction?
The safety and confidentiality of customers’ personal information is our top priority. The security system makes use of the latest technologies, standards, and business practices to guarantee customer security including: Firewall Protection, Password and Data Security, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Audits and Inspections, Data Integrity, and Physical Security.
How often can I transfer funds?
You can transfer funds 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the convenience of your computer up to the maximum daily transfer limit.
How does the approval process work?
The Zenith Bank Ghana Inter-Account Transfer approval process consists of basic verification of the information that you provided. The ‘To Account’ of the beneficiary account will be checked against the database for the validity of the account. The approval process is done to ensure the safety and security of your transaction.
When I entered an amount to be transferred and submitted the transfer, I received the message - Please enter valid amount?
When entering the cedi amount of your transfer, do not enter =GHS=. Hit the back button on your browser and re-enter the cedi amount entering numbers only.
When I am entering the requested Zenith Bank Ghana Inter account transfer informant, what goes in the transaction description box?
Though this is an optional field, it is for your personal use. You can enter any descriptive word or sentence that helps you identify the transaction.
What if I have another question?
Contact the Zenith Direct Customer Call Centre via email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+233) 302 680884 / (+233) 542 000111.
Zenith Direct Customer Contact Centre
Tel: (+233) 302 429700 / (+233) 302 611500 / (+233) 302 680884 / (+233) 542 000111
Toll Free: 0800 10100 (Vodafone Only) Email: email@example.com
Or visit any Zenith Bank branch closest to you.